National Launch Homelessness Week 2019
Join us for the National Launch of Homelessness Week 2019 in Hobart! Launch at 10:30am, live music until 2pm
Homelessness Week is a national event that raises awareness of people experiencing homelessness, the issues they face and the action needed to achieve enduring solutions.
- MC – Pattie Chugg, CEO Shelter Tas
- Welcome to Country – Sinsa Mansell
- 50/50 Art Project Soap Box Launch – Kate Kelly, Hobartians Facing Homelessness & Housing with Dignity
- Lived Experience Musical Performance – Performed by Orana and Monique Brumby
- Homelessness Australia – Jenny Smith, Chair of Homelessness Australia and CEO of Council to Homeless Persons
- Federal Minister – Hon Luke Howarth MP, Assistant Minister for Community Housing, Homelessness and Community Services
- Hobart Lord Mayor – Lord Mayor Councillor Anna M. Reynolds
- Shadow Federal Minister – Hon Jason Clare MP, Shadow Minister for Housing and Homelessness
- Service Delivery Perspective – Danny Sutton CEO Colony 47.
Music – Monique Brumby, Orana and Roadhouse Ravens
Soapbox Billboards: Hobartians Facing Homelessness – 50/50 Art Project is a collaborative community-focused art project that explores the issues around homelessness using art as a vehicle to connect diverse viewpoints and create collaboration with a result that can be shared, exhibited and foster discussion. The billboard artwork will be displayed from the 29th July to the 1st September 2019.
This event is free and all are welcome to attend! Invite your friends on Facebook!
This project is supported by the City of Hobart and Shelter Tas.
Come and learn about essential services to support our homeless community including pop up stalls from Anglicare Tasmania, Catholic Care, Salvation Army, Colony 47, Bethlehem House, Orange Sky Laundry, A Paw Up, Richmond Fellowship and Loui’s Van plus live music until 2pm.