Let’s light up Tasmania to raise awareness during Homelessness Week!
This year, Homelessness Week includes a wide range of activities and events, including purple lights – the colour of homelessness awareness. Keep a look out around the State, as public buildings and landmarks will be illuminated purple all week to give visibility to this critical issue.
Make sure to visit the following locations in your area to see how they are promoting homelessness awareness during the week:
- Franklin Square and wharf area, Hobart – purple lights
- Launceston Town Hall – purple lights
- Glenorchy Council buildings – purple lights
- The iconic statue in Penguin will also be dressed in purple for Homelessness Week, with thanks to the official Penguin outfitter, Shirley!
- Tasman Bridge – purple lights
- Leven Bridge – purple lights
- LED promotion board at Eastlands, Rosny will have a display for Homelessness Week
- Wintringham Balcony, Bellerive – purple lights
- CatholicCare offices around the State – purple lights and little house displays