Charity House Launch
A home built through donated and in-kind support and sold to raise money to fund Build Up Tassie to improve employment and life outcomes for young Tasmanians.
What is the Charity House Project?
- St Joseph Affordable Homes will build a 4 bedroom home in Herdsmans Cove, on land gifted by the Tasmanian State Government, which will be publicly auctioned.
- All funds from the sale will be donated to Build Up Tassie. The build will be a training site for Build Up Tassie participants and St Joseph Affordable Homes apprentices.
- St Joseph Affordable Homes is a not-for-profit building and construction social enterprise with the dual purpose of providing substantial employment opportunities for young and vulnerable Tasmanians and to alleviate homelessness.
What is Build Up Tassie?
- A unique pre-employment program developed and run by Centacare Evolve Housing to support young and vulnerable job seekers to gain meaningful employment in the building industry.
- Build Up Tassie works with construction partners, including St Joseph affordable Homes, to provide one-on-one coaching to participants before employment, during and after their apprenticeship or traineeship.
- Build Up Tassie does not charge participants any fees. The sale of the Charity House will help fund 50 participants through the program.
What can you do to help?
- In-kind labour
- Help promote this project
- Financial donation via our website
This project will not be possible without donations and in-kind support. The assistance of suppliers, subcontractors, the general public and anyone else who can offer physical or financial donations of goods and services is required and greatly appreciated!
Attendance at the launch is by invitation only.