Shelter Tasmania only collects information that is necessary to provide services to members. We treat all information we collect as confidential.
Information supplied by you will only be used for the purpose of providing services to you or in accordance with specific consent given by you.
Shelter Tas will not make personal information supplied by you available to a third party unless required by law or where you consent to the disclosure.
Shelter Tas may distribute aggregated statistical information for reporting purposes but only in a form that will not identify any person individually.
Shelter Tas complies with the requirements of the Commonwealth Privacy Act.
Shelter Tas welcomes feedback on all of its operations. Feedback can be given;
- verbally to a staff member
- written as a letter, to GPO Box 848, Hobart TAS 7001
- or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
A person wishing to make a complaint may do so in writing or verbally to;
- the staff member they were dealing with at the time;
- the Chief Executive Officer of Shelter Tasmania, or;
- the Shelter Executive Committee
As far as possible, complaints will be investigated and resolved within 14 days or passed on to an appropriate body for investigation if internal processes are not adequate.